We can fully utilize the features of our Amazon Echo device only if we are aware of using all of its features. Thus today we will discuss few important points to use some of the features of your Amazon Echo devices.
People you love and appreciate the future technologies keep themselves updated will all there features and uses because they have a keen interest towards them. While, individuals who don’t have much interest in technology, use it only to serve their purpose and thus never try to explore its features. They are left behind from enjoying the rest of the other features available on their device. So today we will discuss on how to use few important features of Amazon Echo. You might find these features useful in your everyday life.
Amazon echo works with the help of Alexa app, so you need to give commands to Alexa app for performing any of the tasks. For initiating the voice commands, we need to use the “Wake” word then only Alexa will be able to take the inputs given by you. You can modify this “Wake” word to any another name that is available on the replacement list for it. Many people use “Alexa” as the wake word to initiate their commands. If you find the default name difficult to pronounce or remember then you can change the “Wake” Word by following steps :
- Open the Alexa application.
- Go to “settings” menu.
- View the “devices.”
- Select the “Wake” word.
- Now you will find the list of replacement names for it that is Alexa, Echo, Amazon, and Computer. So select the name and set it as the word for initiating commands. You can also get Amazon Echo Support in case you find any difficulty in setting the Echo device features.
If you possess smart Home devices like Smart locks, nest thermostats, smart media players, etc. then you can link them with your Echo device and control them remotely with your voice commands. For connecting all these smart devices, you just need to attach them to a single shared internet network. Now do the settings to operate the features with the help of following steps :
- Open the Alexa App.
- Go to “Smart home.”
- Choose the option to “Configure smart home.”
- View the option to “Enable skills.”
Amazon Echo Help is available for any help related to Amazon Echo.
- Look for the Brand name of your device and then connect it and select the required skills. In case you are asked to verify the login details then make sure you correctly enter the username and password.
- After that follow the instructions given by app and then ask the Alexa to for discovering the devices by saying “Discover devices.” Now Ask the Alexa to sink all the enabled devices. Now you are ready to operate your smart home devices from your Amazon Echo.
Now we will discuss setting up of the television with Alexa app to use it remotely from Echo device. For this, you can connect your T.V with a Logitech Harmony Hub, and once you have done the setup, you can start operating the T.V. You can use it with few simple commands like “Alexa turn on the T.V,” “Alexa turn on” followed by any of the channel names, etc. Also, visit www Amazon Com Echo Setup for more setup procedures for Amazon Echo device.